Tuesday, August 4, 2009

DOWNTOWN PROVO


I was down in Provo the middle of last month and I saw these old buildings. I thought the facades were quite interesting and I thought I would share them with you. All of these buildings are in main downtown area and are quite well taken care of. Their previous use was clear on some of the building but others did not have any way of identifying there original use. I just thought they were nice buildings.




THE PROVO MEAT AND PACKING CO.


I COULD NOT SEE ANY LETTERING FOR WHAT THIS BUILDING WAS USED FOR BUT I DID REALLY LIKE THE ORNATE UPPER STORY.


THE WRITING UNDER THE EAGLE SAYS 'AVENUE BLOCK'. NOT SURE WHAT THAT WAS FOR OR WHAT THE BUILDING WAS USED FOR. I DID LIKE THE EAGLE ON TOP AND IT ALL OF THE STONE WORK ON THE FRONT.


No comments:

Post a Comment