Tuesday, February 17, 2009

JUST A DAY

This is one of the flowers I got from my husband on Valentines. I wanted to share it with you all. I thought they were lovely. Hope you all had a great weekend and holiday. I stayed on at our vacation home and my husband flew back to work for the rest of the week. I am staying because I am having some tile work done and someone needs to be here to make sure the work is done.  I would have to say that it is much better than going home to the snow and cold. It has been rainy here but the temp has been in the 50's and will be climbing up to the high 60's. Can't complain about that. 
I kind of took the day off. My husband's flight was a 7:50 a. m. which was O.'dark-thirty for any of the stores. After taking him to the airport I had to kill time until the stores opened at 9:00 a.m. If you ever need to go to Home Depot or to Target the time to go is before 8:a.m. When I got to Home Depot about 7:45 a.m. I think I was the only customer there. It felt like I surprised some of the employees. A couple of them scurried off to some task which was assigned to them. They acted like I caught them slacking off. The point about all of the this is you will get the best service and all the help you could possibly want or need. 
One of the down falls of having to kill time is you also kill any extra cash you have. You spend a lot of time looking at things you don't need but talk yourself into them anyway. If my time was limited then I would be in and out with what I really needed. So, I guess my second point is, go early and waste no time looking at stuff. I went in for a drawer pull for the bathroom and walked out with 8 replacement rollers, 3 small plastic paint tubs, 2 packages of replacement rollers for the very small roller and finally hope to finish the small entry to the master bedroom and the kitchen while I am down this time.  Target was worse, because I went in with nothing in mind and walked out with a toothbrush holder, two short sleeve polo shirt, and two 3/4 sleeve tee shirt. The tee shirts need to go back their not right.  Once it turned 10ish I was able to really get into some serious shopping. The $100.00 store, Costco, received some attention, Tai Pan deserved some looking and an small purchase of around $30.00, TJ-Maxx ended up with about $144.00. Two pictures jumped into the cart, a new bread knife snaked its way into the cart, then came those 3 workout pants that back flipped into the cart. So, my cart was there at the check out full with no real help from me. I did have a few other stops where I had much better control over the shopping cart even though several things kept trying to come home with me. I felt I had done enough damage to my Amex so I headed home to arrange the loot.
I did my duty in aiding the economy. I know the stores are living their Life in Celebration and I hope you are too.


No comments:

Post a Comment