Thursday, July 2, 2009

WEEK NINE




Here it is week nine and the fun is still going on. I lost 1.2 pounds!!!  My friend Kim is also involved in this fun and she lost 2.8 pounds this week. Let's all give Kim a cheer for her hard work. If any of you have had any experience with a diet plan you know how much work it is at times. The problem with being on a diet is you have to think about it all the time. The work is what did I eat and what am I going to eat today and did I over eat and what effect will it have on this weeks weight. I think a lot of any diet or weight loss program is mental. Keeping focused on the day to day and not really looking at the big picture of the total weight loss you want. I know where I want to be at the end of the program but I can't think about that. I try to keep the focus on losing a pound or two for the week and over time I will reach my goal. It took time to get to the weight I am so it will take time to take the weight off.

Went to the Weight Watchers meeting last night and they had just finished an 8 week challenge. The 8 week challenge is where you must keep an accurate journal making sure you use all of your daily points and activity points without going over them for the week. Then there is a weekly challenge that you have to keep to for 7 days. If you keep to the weekly challenge you get to progress to the next week. If you fail to keep to the challenge you are dropped from the group. This last challenge had 7 out of 35 people complete the 8 weeks of challenges. Last night was the beginning of the next eight week challenge and this weeks challenge is to not weigh at home. Some of you say that would be easy but, I have had kind of made it a habit that when I get up in the morning and the first thing I do is step on the scale. I just have to see if I had lost any weight in the last 24 hours. I had to catch myself this morning from doing just that.
I don't want to be dropped from the group just for stepping on a scale and we all know how much I love my scale. The scale will be glad for the rest. I will keep you posted on what each challenge is and I hope by doing that it will help me to stay in the group.

Have a wonderful 4th of July and remember to live your Life in Celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment