Wednesday, April 8, 2009

GOD'S HOUSE?

I'm not a really good church going person. But last Sunday I went with my friend Sherry to the church where she is a member and also shares the responsibility of giving the sermon. The reason I was with her  on Sunday was we were going to play in a golf tournament in St. George on Monday and she was driving. So, part of the deal was she would drive if I came to church with her and then we we head down to St. George. I really had mixed feelings about going as I have not been to church of any kind for a number of years. It isn't because I don't believe in God it just I can't put my believes in a box be it a place of worship or a style of worship. I was baptised Catholic and worshiped there when I felt the need to have a church surrounding me. 
The first thing we went to was bible study and I see why I don't go to bible study. It was kind of interesting and I think that I was kind of the contrary one in the group. I often would have to put my two cents in where it put a new spin on something they believed to be true. I have never been a good bible study person as I would often look at things differently than what was being taught in the class.  Well once class was over all seven of us went up stairs to the chapel for the regular service. I would say there are close to 15 to 20 members in the whole congregation. My friend did a very good job in giving the sermon and it was easy to follow and the message was very clear.  
The people were very nice and they very open and welcoming to me. At the time if I was a church goer then it would not be a bad church to attend. All the members new each other and pretty much everything there is to know about each other. The knew who was missing from church and why. The knew each others ailments and success. They have become a family in their congregation. It was very nice to see and it warmed you heart to see the care they had for each other. After it was all said and done it was not a nice Sunday morning.


This is a photo I took on the golf course we played on Monday. The beauty was breath taking and the vistas went on and on. I may make some of my friends not happy but when I  am at a place like the above picture I think this is more of God's house than the one on the top. The mountains in the background had to have the hand of God in their making. It is often when I am out and about and I see something scenic and I get a rush from it. I think I have seen more scenic views, sunsets, sunrises, flowers, waterfalls, the rising or setting of the moon, or an overview of a valley that gives me a more spiritual feeling than being inside of some building built by man. Like I said earlier I can't fit my religion in the box of any religion. My religion is too big for a box. 

My God bless you in all you do. May you live your life as you wish and remember to live your Life in Celebration

No comments:

Post a Comment