Wednesday, April 29, 2009

THE ENEMY


THE ENEMY



 This very small scale is a spirit breaker. How many times have you stood on this very innocent looking and wondered how in the heck did I get to this weight again? It just sits on the floor. Doesn't harm anyone. When you step on it gives you an accurate answer sometimes it groans while it is doing it. Well, I am going really work on getting this stubborn little scale to become my friend. I am going to work on putting less pressure on the poor thing. For most of my life I have been battling the bulge. I am at the time of my life where genetics are taking over and I am losing the battle with my health. My blood sugar is becoming a problem as my A1C is starting to inch up and by exercising is not taking care of it. I have been battling the weight issue for most of my life. I remember being in high school going to the doctor who gave me Speed to help curb my appetite and make me move around more. I went over to my sisters house and stripped all of her wood floors in one day. Talk about speedy. I don't think there has been a diet that I have not tried. There was the Cabbage Soup Diet which I lost some weight on then I went directly into the Atkin's Diet with devastating result. I kind of new that I did not digest a lot of meat very well and the Atkin's Diet is all about protein. I had an attack of Diverticulitis which I did not know I had. I spent a week in the hospital with a contagious decease in my blood. So, needless to say I off that diet. Then I went to Weight Watcher's after I saw a picture of myself and I thought I was beginning to look like a beached whale. I lost 35 pounds. That weight probably stayed off the longest but, as all of us who are battling weight issues know they do seem to come right back on. Luckily not all of the weight found its way back to me. When I noticed that the scale was starting groan every time I stepped on it I thought I would try some other ways of losing weight. There was the French Women Don't Diet  diet. This diet you eat whatever you want but only half and you eat very slowly. It was working somewhat. Then came my husband being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I lost 24 pounds when my husband lost 35 and it was all done with watching what we were eating. It was low fat, no sugar and smaller portions. Well, needless to say that ain't working anymore. The latest and not so greatest was the Six Week Body Makeover. Man can you lose weight fast. The pounds just drop off. You can lose 10 pounds in a week. But, let me tell you something the pounds come right back on if you go off and they come on quick. Now comes the next diet. I went back to Weight Watcher's today. I thought that it is one diet that seems to work and I did not feel I was denied. So, I am going to give it my best shot. I am going to be updating my progress each week and no I will not tell anyone how much I weight. The update will be just how much I have lost or not lost. I am hoping with me sharing my progress will shame me into being good and losing the weight. I need to stop the yo-yo.

Wish me luck and remember to live you Life in Celebration.


No comments:

Post a Comment